What I've been up to lately...

Monday, March 19, 2012

Little Monkey Pants

I have finally gotten around to sewing a pair of pants for my cuties.
I saw this FREE pattern and tutorial by the infamous Dana at Dana Made It and I couldn't wait to try it.
Well, I did wait...and I did other projects first, and I procrastinated, and I was just plain lazy sometimes...
But, then, once upon a nap time, I whipped out my sewing machine and some super cute plaid fabric and all of that changed.
I printed the pattern, cut the fabric and sewed the pants (except for the pocket and bottom hem) all in one naptime!  Wow!  The credit for this feat definitely goes to the simple pattern and easy to follow tutorial - not to my slightly-better-than-mediocre sewing skills.
I added a side pocket (big enough to fit the toy phones that A & Z are constantly carrying around).
And I finished the hem with an elastic band.  I am loving that look for boys lately.
I also sewed on this cute little tag that I found in a craft store (hence the name "Little Monkey Pants").
Now all I need is another good naptime so I can sew a second pair.  Then my cuties can stop fighting over who is going to wear these!


PS - (for our Grandmas, Aunties and anyone else who is interested) Avery is the model in these photos.  Couldn't you tell?
Giveaway ends April 9!

Monkeying around at these great linky parties:
Creatively Living's Tell it to Me Tuesday
Our Delightful Home's Show Me What You Got
Mommy by Day, Crafter by Night's Ta-Da Tuesday
Carolyn's Homework The Inspiration Board
Terrific Tuesdays with Adventures of a DIY Mom
Shop Ruby Jean's Sew-Crafty Tuesday
Grateful Belly's What's New Wednesday
The NY Melrose Family's Whimsy Wednesdays
The Stuff of Success' Success U Party
Momnivore's Dilemma Creative Juice Thursday
Somewhat Simple's Thursday Link Party
Joy in the Jumble's Pomp Party
Project Run and Play's Linky Party
What I Wore Sunday at Crafty Cousins
Tater Tots and Jello's Weekend Wrap Up Party
It's Overflowing's Overflowing with Creativity
It's Party Time at It's So Very Cheri
Homemaker on A Dime's Creative Bloggers Party Hop
Ask Anna's Weekend Warrior Party
Keeping it Simple's Motivate Me Monday
Serendipity and Spice's Manic Monday

14 comments:

  1. I love the plaid and the monkey patch just puts it over the top! Isn't it amazing how much they love pockets?! Riley actually gets excited when she's in an outfit with pockets. Thanks for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little pants are just adorable! New follower here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really sweet! And your little guy is soooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo cute! I love a quick project too. Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those looks so cute and comfortable! Thanks for linking them up @ Creatively Living!

    --Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cutie! His new pants are adorable...I like that you cut the pocket on the bias.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pants, especially the hem! Definitely going to give that a try for my little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the elastic band at the bottom and the pockets on the bias....nice details!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm stopping by from the TT&J link up party. I love these pants. The plaid print is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So so cute! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so adorable. Thanks for sharing at Manic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love danas pattern, I just finished making Pjs with it! LOVE the elastic on the bottom. I saw this on Manic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO SWEET!!! Thank you for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...