What I've been up to lately...

Monday, May 20, 2013

The Twin to Twin T-shirt Exchange

I like to dress my twin toddlers in coordinating outfits, but not matching...matching makes it too hard to tell them apart!  I had a brainstorm for the simplest way ever to make coordinating T-shirts.  Well, not really make...more like refashion in a cut and paste sort of way.

I started with two T-shirts in different colors.
I cut them both off at the same point below the arms.
 Pinning them together helped me lazily quickly cut both shirts at once.
Then stitched the bottom of one to the top of the other and vice versa.
I finished them off by top stitching using a double needle.
From start to finish the swap took about 15 minutes...
but the cuteness will last all season!
Hooray for fast and easy!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this idea! So simple - and it looks great!!

    I would love if you came and linked this project to my clothes upcycling project page. It has a long term linky, so your project would stay there for more than just the week of a usual linky. We have over 400 projects linked up now – some fantastic ideas.
    Do come and take a look!
    http://jembellish.blogspot.com/p/clothes-upcycling-projects.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this shirts, what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...