What I've been up to lately...

Thursday, May 16, 2013

School Spirit Sugar Cookie Pops

This past weekend was the school fair at my children's elementary school.
I made these cookies for the bake sale booth and they were a huge hit!  They are easy and fun to make - like playing with play dough!  I found the idea and a great tutorial at The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle.
To make these cookie lollipops...
Start with a great sugar cookie recipe.  
My Favorite Sugar Cookie Recipe:
1 1/2 c unsalted butter
2 c sugar
2 tsp pure almond flavoring
4 eggs
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
5 c flour
gel food coloring

cream butter and sugar together.
mix in almond flavoring and eggs.
slowly add flour, salt and baking powder. mix until well combined.
divide dough and mix in coloring.
refrigerate for 30 minutes before rolling or shaping cookies.

When the dough is ready to work with, make a small ball of each color.
Roll each ball into a 2 inch snake and place the two snakes next to each other.
Roll the two snakes together into one longer skinnier snake 12- 13 inches long.  Not too skinny, you don't want it to break when you coil it up.
Create the spiral pattern by rolling the snake from horizontal to vertical (This step amazes me every time!)
Start at one end of the snake and coil it into a lollipop shape.
Transfer the cookie to a nonstick foil or parchment lined pan and place in the freezer for 5 minutes.
Remove from the freezer and push the lollipop sticks into the cookies (I went a little past the middle of the cookie with the sticks).
Bake in a 400 degree oven for 6-8 minutes (depending on the size and thickness of your cookies).
Sell or Enjoy!
P.S.  The fair was a lot of fun too!


linked up at:
featured at:
Made in a Day

4 comments:

  1. These are so fun! What a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness these are just ADORABLE!!!!!!! What a cute idea, I will need to make some of these too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so cute! I will have to try making them sometime :) Maybe for my little boy's birthday party coming up in a couple weeks...
    She Turned Her Dreams Into Plans

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by to let you know I featured you today on Made in a Day!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...