What I've been up to lately...

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Crochet Bunny Finger Puppets

Hippity, hoppity, Easter's on it's way...
These little bunnies will hop right into your heart...and onto your favorite little ones' fingers!
After I made the first one, the requests for my kids came flying at warp speed. "I want white with a pink tail", "...blue with white", "can mine have green eyes?",  "I want one that's brown, green and tan with white eyes" ...
Wait a minute...
Me: "What???  A brown, green and tan Easter bunny???"
8 year old son: "No, not the Easter bunny.  Sargent Snuggles.  He needs to be in camouflage."
Me: "Ohhhh." {as if that explains everything}
Ok, so in my house, these sweet little bunny creations just might be caught waging war against the army of lego men that have already invaded my son's room.  But, hey, I love it when kids use their imagination!  Welcome to the jungle Sgt. Snuggles.
Perhaps in your house, these little bunnies can hop around nibbling toy carrots and doing other slightly more Easter Bunny-like things...
I'm pleased to introduce you to: Bunny...
Hunny...
Funny...
Sunny...
and Sargent Snuggles!
Crochet Pattern for Bunny Finger Puppets 
What you need:
worsted weight yarn (in Pretty spring colors...or Camo)
tiny piece of contrasting yarn or a stitch marker (to mark the beginning of each row)
G crochet hook
embroidery floss and needle
abbreviations:
ch = chain, sc = single crochet, sc dec = single crochet decrease, sc inc = single crochet increase, sl st = slip stitch

ch 5, starting in 2nd ch from hook sc in each ch (1st ear).
ch 5, starting in 2nd ch from hook, sc in each ch (2nd ear).
sl st into base of 1st ear, ch1, in same space, sc and mark this stitch, 4 more sc in same space.
move the marker into the 1st stitch of each row as you go.
sc inc around (10 sc)
sc dec around (5sc)
work the rest of the stitches into the back loop only of the previous row.
sc inc around (10 sc)
4 rows sc around (10sc). sl st into both loops of next stitch, tie off.

embroider face (I used french knots for eyes and a single cross stitch for the mouth)
embroider tail (I just made a bunch of random stitches and left them "loopy" by not pulling them through tightly - I don't know if there'e a name for this embroidery stitch...)

Hoppin' at these parties:

It's Party Time at It's So Very Cheri
Homemaker on A Dime's Creative Bloggers Party Hop
Sleepy Sunday Party at Randee's Organized Chaos
Ask Anna's Weekend Warrior Party

Country Momma Cook's Link and Greet





12 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, these are down right adorable. And, I love how easy they are....even I could crochet them!
    Would you share with my readers, too?
    Jessica
    http://www.clipwithpurpose.com/easter-egg-bunny-craft-made-for-you-monday-linky/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute!I think I'll give them a try. :-)

    Erin
    takingtimetocreate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! They are too cute! Maybe I'll add some to my kids' Easter baskets. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! These are so adorable! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, my goodness ... so cute. i love them. i like how you have named them all. hopped over thanks to the bunny blog hop. take care. (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just ran into your blog at Bacon Time party...following you now, love the bunnies.......bring 'em to my party this weekend if you get a chance...have a wonderful Easter Weekend!
    Deana from CountryMomma

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute! My favorite is the camo guy, Sargent Snuggles. I must learn to crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute! I love how creative your little boy is. Where'd he come up with the name Sargent Snuggles? So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Army bunny! lol I have boys so I totally get this! Great idea! I love the finger puppet bunnies!

    Thanks for linking them!
    --Katie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ack! These are ADORABLE! My granddaughters would love them - too bad I don't crochet...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! You won the Fairytale Stitches give-a-way: http://trophyw.blogspot.com/2012/04/winner-and-feutures.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you...

    I just found your web via Pinterest...this is really cute...My kids will love it when they saw what I just made for them...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...