What I've been up to lately...

Monday, April 7, 2014

Kids Clothes Week - Day 1

Here's one of the great things about having twins...
You know the saying, "Practice makes perfect"?
Well, when you sew coordinating outfits for twins, you sew a pattern once, and then the second time around it comes together so much more quickly and easily...
(except when you think you know what you're doing and ignore the instructions completely...or sew your french seams inside out and have to rip them and start over with already trimmed, itty-bitty seam allowances).
But, usually, the second time through a pattern goes more smoothly than the first and you can really appreciate the clever work that went into designing the garment and the pattern.
Did you think I was going to say "Practice makes perfect" on parenting skills???
Bwaaa-haaa-haaa!  That's a funny one, silly...
Anyway, my second time through the aptly named Easy Linen Shirt from Sewing for Boys, was a breeze except for the french seam issue...and it really was only one seam, so I'll stop whining about it now.  Maybe not perfect, but pretty close.  I just have to finish up the collar and the sleeves on Kids Clothing Week day 2.

3 comments:

  1. YES it is true! Sometimes you really can't appreciate and outfit until you have all the kinks figured out. And boy oh boy you have just made me kick myself in the pants.. I am so bad at KCW! I didn't sew a stitch yesterday! I guess I should make up for it today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing!! Its very attractive i like it very much.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...